Side dish tonight, April 2, 2015
Kind of unusual tast, great side dish for chicken dishes or fish
- 4 servings
- 2 bunches radishes, small radishes work best
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons sugar, white
- ½ teaspoon salt, fine
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, black, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
1) Wash and trim radishes, if large cut them in half.
2) Add radishes to a deep pan, add enough water to cover them.
3) Add the butter, olive oil, sugar and salt.
4) Cover and bring to a boil.
5) Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered for 12 minutes. (radishes should be tender and the liquid reduced to a glaze)
6) If the radishes are cooked before the liquid has reduced then remove the radishes and cook liquid, uncovered until it thickens to a glaze.
7) Toss the radishes in the glaze, sprinkle with the pepper and parsley and serve.
Serving Size 33 g
Calories per serving 83.2