Cheeseburger soft tacos
Dinner tonight, February 23, 2015
Dinner tonight, September 8, 2013
Absolutely great dish, easy to make either for Lunch or dinner
- 4 Servings
- 4 (6 inch) Mission® Fajita Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb. lean ground sirloin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 red tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce, small leaves
- 1 large red onion, 1/4-inch slices pulled into rings
- 12 dill pickle slices
1) Separate ground beef into 4 equal parts (4 ounces each); form each part into 4 thin half moon shape patties. Try to shape each patty to fill half of a tortilla.
2) Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet (or use a square, deep-walled non-stick electric skillet) over medium high heat.
3) Season each hamburger patty with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes a side or to your desired temperature.
4) Near the end of desired cooking time, evenly sprinkle each patty with 1/4 cup of Cheddar cheese and allow the cheese to melt. Remove cheeseburgers and reserve hot.
5) Warm tortillas in a microwave for 10 seconds.
6) For 1 serving: Place a hot cheeseburger on one half of a warmed tortilla and top with 1 tomato slice,1 lettuce leaf, onion rings and 3 pickle slices. Fold the tortilla in half and serve.
7) Repeat the build for the remaining 3 servings.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 481 | Total Fat: 26.4g | Cholesterol: 120mg