Cheesy cauliflower quinoa
12/04/15 Filed in: Side dish
Side dish tonight, April 12, 2015
Absolutely delicious side dish, never tried quinoa before, and oh my it was good
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
1) Add quinoa, and broth to a large pot.
2) Cover and bring the quinoa, broth and Cauliflower to a boil over medium heat. Add Cauliflower reduce the heat and simmer covered until the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender,about 15-20 minutes.
3) Mix in the cheese, let it melt and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve hot! This easily reheats. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.