Loaded cauliflower casserole
14/03/15 Filed in: Side dish
Side dish tonight, March 14, 2015
Great cauliflower dish, great with any kind of meat, poultry or fish.
- 2 lbs. cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 ounces block cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Steam cauliflower florets until tender. While cauliflower steams, cream together 6 oz of the shredded cheddar, 6 oz of the Monterey Jack, cream cheese, and heavy cream.
2) Stir in sliced green onions, chopped bacon, and garlic. Set aside. Drain any liquid from steamed cauliflower and add to cheese mixture. Stir cauliflower and cheese mixture together. Taste for seasoning, and add as necessary. If you want a finer texture, give a few mashes with the potato masher. Pour into a 2-3 quart casserole and sprinkle on remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
3) Cover dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is brown and bubbly.