Pork chops marsala
27/07/15 Filed in: Pork
Dinner tonight, July 27, 2015
You can never go wrong with this simple but delicious dish
- 4 servings
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2" thick (4 oz. each), trimmed of fat
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (8-10 oz.) sliced cremini or white mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, chopped (1/4 cup)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
2) In a 12-inch skillet (the recipe suggested nonstick), heat 2 teaspoons oil on medium 1 minute. Add chops and cook 6 minutes or until browned on the outside and still slightly pink in the center, turning over once. Transfer chops to a platter; keep warm.
3) In the same skillet, heat remaining oil 1 minute. Add mushrooms, shallot and thyme; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and shallot is softened. Add broth and wine to mushroom mixture; cook 2 minutes. Mix cornstarch with 1 teaspoon cold water and add it slowly to the mushroom sauce while stirring. Place chops on plates and top with wine sauce.
4) Serve with asparagus or steamed green beans, maybe a side salad and rice.